11/29/09 Tailgate Party, Panthers at Jets
Well Jets fans, it has been a rough season thus far. Fortunately though I have noticed that the worse the team does, the more fun the tailgate parties get! I guess mutual commiseration over our team just leads to a lot of drinking and a good time. Anyway, the last time we threw a mexican themed tailgate in honor of our qb the Jets beat up on the Patriots. Maybe it is time to revisit that theme this week!
The Tailgate Menu
- Breakfast maple sausage biscuit sandwiches, fresh baked biscuits and Joe’s own homemade maple breakfast sausage. These went in minutes last week so we had to bring them back.
- Mexican Hot Dogs, these were another crowd favorite and have been requested at every tailgate since then
- Carne Asada Soft Tacos, made with prime cut steaks marinated with my own carne asada marinade
- Taco Bar, all the traditional pieces will be there, YO QUIERO TAILGATE JOE!
- Home made guacamole, we might even film a quick demo on how to make this right at the tailgate
- burgers for the boring folks
Courtesy of Sambuca’s Cafe, FRESH FILLED CANNOLIS
On Tap chillin’ in the kegerator:
America’s oldest brewery, Yuengling beer along with other domestic beers. Also, a cooler of Jet Fuel!
Location: We are at lot 16H, look for a black silverado pickup and flagpole with Jets Flag. We will have a few blue tents up as well and probably parked along the gate on the grass along the side of 16H
As always, everyone is invited to stop by and enjoy some great food and laughs, just ask for Frank and toss him a few bucks (25.00) for the effort.
We will have the beer pong table set up! (you can issue challenges in the comment section!)
Pass the word along on any of the Jets fan messageboards as well! And please, if you are thinking of attending it would be great if you could leave a quick comment at the bottom , along with how many peeps you think you may have in tow.